DIRECTOR OF LEGAL PROGRAMS
Ellen Reinig, Esq.
Ellen joined Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles as the Director of Legal Programs in 2019. She obtained her Juris Doctor from Whittier Law School graduating summa cum laude, and her Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from Concordia University, Irvine.
Ellen has been pursuing justice for those who cannot speak for themselves for the last two decades. She has worked in the Orange County District Attorney’s Office as a Victim Advocate and as a Human Rights Advocate in Africa for the Institute for Innovation, Integration, and Impact. Prior to becoming an attorney Ellen served as a Project Manager for the U.S. Military helping to develop the National Missile Defense Program and Army Command and Control Programs. Ellen’s work as an attorney has included serving at Orange County Legal Aid, the Pacific Justice Institute, and the Human Trafficking Unit of the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
Areas of Ministry & Service:
- Ellen serves on the Board of Forgotten Children, Inc., an anti-human trafficking ministry located in Southern California that’s goal is to provide hope to girls on the street and to educate the public about human trafficking and the impact it has on our communities.
- She is a Life Support Mentor with New Beginnings Ministries in Costa Mesa, California where Ellen mentors and supports people who are struggling in life, whether with homelessness, addiction, or just needing a “hand up” to reach the goal of being self-sufficient members of society.
- Served as Pro Bono Counsel with the Pacific Justice Institute a legal non-profit organization that defends – without charge – the religious freedoms, parental rights, and other civil liberties of people who cannot defend themselves.
- Serves as a Bible Instructor at His Place Church in Westminster, California teaching women how to discover their true identity in Christ through the study of his Word.
- Researched and participated in writing model legislation for child support policy reform in Israel at the Rackman Center For The Advancement Of The Status Of Women.
Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California (Juris Doctor, suma cum laude, 2018); Distinguished Fellow International and Comparative Law; Whittier Law Review; Moot Court Honors Board; Trial Advocacy Honors Board – Awarded Best Closing Argument; President of the Christian Law Society, Treasurer of the International Law Society. Further studies in Law include Regent Law School in Uganda, International Human Rights Law Program, Summer 2016; and Bar-Ilan University, Tel Aviv, Israel, Comparative International Law Program, Summer 2015.
Concordia University, Irvine (B.A. in Behavioral Science, with a Program in Social Work, 1989) Dean's List, Minor in Spanish, Women's Rights studies in Mexico.
Ellen and her husband (of 18 years), Rick, love serving at their church, hiking, and playing with their three adult daughters and grandchildren.